Two years ago I was driving home from work and heard a radio spot about an opportunity to apply for a ‘makeover’. What caught my attention was that it included a personal trainer, a dental assessment, and consultation on hair and makeup. My current gym membership had just run out, and I had been considering options. Fall was coming, and I was noticing it was darker in the mornings when I got up. I really felt like I needed to shake up my world a little.
Spurred on by this restless feeling, I decided to go ahead and apply for the makeover. The application called for a video submission, highlighting why I thought I was deserving of this opportunity. As I read more about it on The Ottawa Makeover website I realized it was so much more than just a personal trainer and a few consultations. There was a team of people basically standing by, waiting for that one brave soul to just put their hand up and confidently say, “Pick me!”. The more I read about it, the more I hoped that they would choose me.
Fast forward two years later, I am still benefiting from my decision to apply! I met a group of sincerely caring professionals who wanted to share their talents and knowledge to help me become the very best version of myself, not only physically, but mentally and financially as well. For six months I was given permission to really focus on my health. I met some incredible humans, and their words and actions have stayed with me, these two years on.
This is a game changer, and if you are feeling even a tiny bit of that restlessness that I was feeling, I urge you to apply to the Ottawa Makeover Project. You have nothing to lose, and I suspect that even in the process of applying you will realize that yes, you are ready for change, and you are ready to devote some time to be the best possible you.
I can’t wait to see what the next participant will accomplish with the support of the Ottawa Makeover Team! I love you guys! Thank you so very much for all the life lessons, and for helping me match my outwards appearance to the joyful human I have always felt to be inside!
2014/2015 OMP Participant
The Ottawa Makeover Project is a group of local business owners and professionals looking to help you become your best you, beauty inside and out! The Ottawa Makeover Project is more than just a simple makeover worthy of a 30 minute reality TV show. As partners in the Project, we are all dedicated to providing one lucky Ottawa-area resident with a Life Makeover.
Our participant will be selected from among applications received between now and October 12th, 2015 based on a very simple set of criteria: he or she must be willing to commit to the entire process and ready to embrace change.
The project runs over six months – from November to May – during which time OMP Partners donate our expertise, skills, and talents to the chosen Participant. We encouraging and support them as they uncover a more fulfilled, healthier, happier version of themselves.
Who is involved with the Ottawa Makeover Project? Returning OMP Partners include:
- Executive Fitness Leaders will provide the Participant with Registered Massage Therapy, Nutritional Counselling, and one-on-one Personal Training three times per week for six months.
- Colleen O’Connell-Campbell, Senior Wealth Advisor from Scotia McLeod provides personalized advice to guide the Participant towards ﬁnancial health.
- Russ Molot, Lawyer with Langevin Morris Smith LLC, donates a variety of legal services including Wills and Estate Planning for the Participant and his/her partner.
- Dr. Andrea Stevens, Founder of the Ottawa Makeover Project, offers a Smile Makeover to our Participant.
New OMP Partners joining the 2015/2016 Project are:
- Twiss & Weber wants to show Ottawa how local designers can help you look great with a selection of in-house crafted clothing! They will be providing our Participant with a personalized wardrobe consultation and private in-store shopping experience to select a reveal outfit.
- Rinaldo at 90 George Street will provide the Participant with hair and esthetic services including hairstyle consultation, colour, cut, and makeup application, while Rinaldo at Carlingwood will provide pampering with six months of spa services.
- Eating Well Ottawa, provides access to fresh, organic, non-GMO fruits and vegetables and other grocery items, delivered to your home. Our Participant will receive six months of fresh organic produce and healthy groceries delivered right to his/her door.
- Pierette Raymond, 6 Months of private life coaching, 4 hours of professional decluttering & organizing services, and a $500 gift card for 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, all designed to help the Participant move forward.
- Live Well Family Health Centre Provides six months of Chiropractic correction and care.
- SupperWorks Two visits to each of three Ottawa-area SupperWorks locations (Kanata, Nepean, and Orleans) during the Project! That’s one visit each month during which the Participant will prepare six healthy entrees.
- Myers Kanata Chev Buick GMC will provide the Participant with a six month car lease, plus insurance.
Don’t be surprised if we have EVEN MORE great businesses on our team by the time this project gets rolling in November (we already have a few surprises up our sleeves)! Our goal is to provide the stepping stones of self-improvement to someone who is ready to make a change.
Are you ready? Our team would love to meet you, but that can only happen if you apply before the deadline. Don’t wait!
To keep up with our selection process, please join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!